From my own personal experience, here are some ways that can help you stay positive when you feel like all hope is lost:
1. Write down what you’re feeling and ways you can change those feelings. Sometimes even just getting all your thoughts out on paper is enough to feel better, especially if you’re having a rough day. For long term “problems”, find long term solutions. If you’re stuck in a rut, write down all the things that will make you feel better!
2. Exercise. “Uhh what?” <– that’s what you’re thinking, isn’t it? Before you get all skeptical, just wait a minute. Exercise helps with so many things, including stress and unhappiness. Exercising just makes you feel so great! It gives you more energy, which will allow you to do everything you want to do with a good attitude.
3. Do things that you enjoy. This one is self explanatory, but seriously, just do what you love to do. If it requires you to find extra time in your day to do it, just DO IT!
4. Kick people out of your life who are bringing you down. (again, self explanatory)
5. Do good things for other people.
6. Don’t hold grudges against anyone.
7. Don’t give up on anything no matter how hard it is.
8. Be self-motivated. If you want to accomplish something, don’t let anyone stand in your way. If you give yourself motivation, you can definitely do it!
9. Wake up in the morning with a smile on your face. It sounds dumb, but honestly, if you start the day at least going through the motions of being happy and positive, then soon you will be happy and positive 🙂
10. THINK POSITIVELY no matter how hard it might be. And don’t be like “well that’s easier said than done” NO, SHUT UP. It’s only hard if you make it hard. When you find yourself thinking about something negatively, such as “I’m going to fail this test”, stop yourself and say this instead: “If I just keep working hard, I can do this!”. Thinking positively is probably one of the most important steps in being a positive person.
***Remember to smile a lot*** 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂