I still have a whole year of college left after this one, but I’ve learned so many things from the years that I’ve been here. And I’m not talking about what I’ve learned in the classroom….this is real life people. Here we go:
1. It’s impossible to keep every single friend that you made freshman year.
2. Having a boyfriend all the time really isn’t that important. Seriously, it’s not.
3. “Chicks before dicks” is the mantra that you should stay with no matter what.
4. Tinder is a bad idea.
5. Staying up late on weeknights loses it’s spark.
6. Eating healthy is worth it.
7. So is going to the gym.
8. Don’t meet your next boyfriend at a frat party. (It doesn’t really turn out too well if you do).
9. Listen to the advice your friends give you even if you disagree. They are only telling you these things to help you.
10. It’s crucial to give yourself time to have fun.
11. Stressing out over a gen-ed class is a waste of time.
12. It’s a good idea to conquer your procrastinating mind.
13. It’s okay to have a night to yourself (even if it’s on a Friday night).
14. You should always forgive people (even if you can’t forget).
15. Even if you don’t talk to your best friend from home every single day, you guys will remain best friends. Trust me.
16. Dressing nice for class makes you feel better.
17. Don’t try too hard to impress someone. If they don’t like you for who you are, then they can suck it.
18. Be mindful of other people’s feelings. Even if you aren’t fond of someone.
19. That extra slice of pizza on that one Saturday isn’t going to kill you.
20. Sometimes it’s nice to stay in with friends instead of going out.
21. You don’t have to dress like a slut to go to a party (It screams desperation).
22. Breakups aren’t worth all the tears. It ended for a reason.
23. Honesty is the best policy.
24. Don’t give your trust to people too easily, but don’t mistrust people too easily.
25. The past is behind you and has nothing to do with the present.
26. Stepping out of your comfort zone will result in exciting things.
27. Raising your hand in class doesn’t make you a nerd, it just helps you learn better.
28. College is way better than high school.
29. Petty drama isn’t worth the fight.
30. It’s a really good idea to use the career center to your full advantage.
31. Being single is the shit. Rather than wallowing in your loneliness, find all the positives of it.
32. Don’t spend all your money on Starbucks.
33. Don’t have on again, off again relationships. If you’re off once, leave it like that. (We are never ever ever, getting back together).
34. It’s virtually impossible to be friends with an ex no matter how hard you try.
35. Things aren’t always as bad as they seem.
36. Don’t hold your feelings in. It’s important to say how you feel.
37. If you do something stupid, don’t let it take over your life. Learn from it.
38. You’ll realize who your true friends are, just give it a little time.
39. Don’t let anyone stop you from doing what you want to do. You wanna be an astronaut firefighter? You go for it.
40. Don’t be sad when your college years are soon coming to an end. You still have many good years ahead of you.